Death of a Pen
Today I came home to find a pen insert in the middle of the living room - bent and obviously chomped on. Luckily no ink had spilled out of it. There was no outer casing or tip anywhere to be found. I couldn't look further at the time because I had Elizabeth to care for and also I had to take the dogs outside.
I know who was involved. Bella obviously got on the kitchen counters while we were at work and decided to play soccer with the pen knocking it off the counter. Twister then spotted it and brought it into the living room to try out another kind of plastic.
When Derrick came home we looked further to see if we could spot any signs of the pen. Well we did and there was a cover up too! This cover up scheme may have been aided by the constantly nesting brindle Nasha. We found a couple fine pieces of clear plastic near the pen insert and then found a lot of broken casing pieces underneath the dog bed. We also found the metal tip under the bed as well. It looked like someone had pushed it under there trying to hide it! So all in all we think he ate maybe a small amount of the pen which was a relief because it was a hard plastic pen and I would think that would do a lot of damage to his insides. I'm mad though because it was one of my favorite pens.
These dogs (and cat) have a lot of toys so I don't see why they insist on playing with our everyday objects.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home